Let's find out together!
This question we are asked most often, especially by those who enter for the first time in the lifestyle of fitness or those interested in losing weight.
The answer to this question is always the same: "it depends ...".
Different objectives require different calorie intakes. In addition, each person is different. Even if two people have the same age, gender, height and weight, and have a similar amount of lean body mass, may still have very different caloric needs.
Do not panic! Today we will discover what is TDEE and what is made up. Are you curious?
Let's start by saying that the TDEE stands for Total Daily Energy Expenditure, in simpler words the amount 'TOTAL CALORIES BURNED IN A DAY.
Your TDEE is determined by four key factors:
- Basal metabolic rate (BMR)
- thermal effect of food (TEF)
- non-exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT)
- thermal effect the activity (exercise) (TEA)
- METABOLISM oF BASE: ie amount of calories consumed at rest by the body to make up for our vital functions.
- THERMAL EFFECT OF FOOD: ie kcal expenses by the body to transform food ingested through food into energy.
- NEAT: that all those calories we consume simply doing our lives (excluding sports). So the more a person is UP and the higher its caloric consumption and this will allow him to hire more calories through diet.
- THERMAL EFFECTS OF '(TEA) is the number of calories burned after exercise (including cardio, resistance training, CrossFit, etc.). Similar to the NEAT, the year the thermal effect is very variable from person to person or even from day to day for the same person, since the exercise intensity, exercise duration and exercise frequency influence the weekly thermal effect of the activity.
TDEE = BMR + TEF NEAT + + TEA
When you add up all these numbers, you get an estimate of the number of daily calories needed to maintain current weight.
I hope this initial introduction there has been clear and above all useful; in the next article I will explain how to calculate your TDEE through some formulas. So DO NOT MISS THE NEXT ITEM!
curiosiosità For more on this and other related topics, please feel free to contact me, I'll be glad to try to answer your questi